TAKE ME HOME and COUNTRY ROADS, Books 1 and 2 of my award-winning Whisper Horse series, are on sale for $1.99 each on Kindle until September 30th. That means you can buy all three Whisper Horse novels for just $8.97. It’s like getting one book for FREE!
Here’s the series link: http://amazon.com/gp/product/B00W6R9AVU
Don’t forget to add on the Whisper Horse Christmas novella, A DOWN-HOME COUNTRY CHRISTMAS for just $1.99.
Writers make gazillions of choices when they create a story. I spend a great deal of time and thought on the names of my characters, as well as the proper setting for each scene. In fact, I often change the main characters’ names several times as I’m writing the book and get to know them better. This can make things confusing for my critique group. LOL!
I thought my wonderful readers might be interested in how I made some of these decisions for my latest release, The CEO Buys In.
- Trainor, Archer, Miller: all their names end in an –er sound because I wanted to signal immediately to the reader that these men are doers. They pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps through hard work and their own talents, not by riding on another person’s coattails. My heroes labored long and hard to achieve their success and now they deserve the reward of authentic love.
- The name of the exclusive club where my three heroes meet is the Bellwether Club. My editor and I went through dozens of possible names for the venue before we hit on the perfect one. Bellwether’s literal meaning is a male sheep that leads the rest of the flock, usually wearing a bell around his neck. However, a bellwether has come to mean a strong person who leads others and also an indicator of future developments or trends. My heroes are all leaders and innovators in their fields so the term fit them well.
- Each book has the same meeting scene in the bar of the Bellwether Club as its prologue. The action and dialogue remain identical in all three, but the point-of-view changes to the hero of each book. It was a fascinating writing challenge to retell the scene with completely different internalizations each time. The same words can have widely varied interpretations. One character notices body language another doesn’t. And of course, I can always end the scene in a slightly different place. That’s a handy little writer’s trick.
- The founder and owner of the Bellwether Club is Frankie Hogan. A self-made billionaire herself, she created her club when no other clubs would allow her to join. Now membership in the Bellwether Club is highly sought after amongst the rich and powerful. I wanted to give such a woman a worthy name so the folks at Kindle Love Stories ran a contest for me: nominate a real person in your life whom you admire. Frankie is named after one reader’s grandmother. When the reader was twelve, her 71-year-old grandma took custody of her and raised her. Now that’s making a difference in someone’s life!
THE CEO BUYS IN is out in the world now. Woohoo!
You can buy it in various places listed below:
Barnes and Noble print: http://bit.ly/1zrovFJ
Hope you enjoy reading the first book in my new Wager of Hearts series! You can find out more at my website .
The winner of my Charity of Hearts donation is…Tina B. Congratulations, Tina! I will make a $100 donation in your name to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Donate like a billionaire through my Charity of Hearts!
The billionaires in the Wager of Hearts series make a bet on love, but it’s not all about their hearts. The high-stakes wager includes a substantial donation to charity.
Here’s your chance to donate like a billionaire!
Nominate your favorite worthy cause (it must be registered with the IRS), and I will donate $100 in your name, if you are chosen as one of four winners. Winners chosen at 10 p.m. EDT on July 21st, release day for THE CEO BUYS IN.
There are lots of ways to enter:
For more information, visit my website at www.NancyHerkness.com .
My sexy billionaires in the new Wager of Hearts series make a bet on love, but it’s not all about their hearts. The high-stakes wager includes a substantial donation to charity.
Wouldn’t you like to donate like a billionaire?
Through my Charity of Hearts, you can! It’s a celebration of the release of The CEO Buys In on July 21st.
Here’s how it works:
Nominate your favorite worthy cause (it must be registered with the IRS). If you are chosen as one of four winners, I will donate $100 in your name.
There are several ways to enter:
- Sign up for my New Book Alert here.
- Watch for the Charity of Hearts post on my author Facebook page here.
- Watch for the official Charity of Hearts post on my blog here.
- Watch for the Charity of Hearts post on my Facebook profile page here.
One winner will be chosen from each entry category on my book’s release day, July 21st.
I hope you will enjoy meeting CEO Nathan Trainor and office temp Chloe Russell in The CEO Buys In. You can also catch glimpses of quarterback Luke Archer and bestselling novelist Gavin Miller, the billionaire heroes of Books 2 and 3 in the Wager of Hearts series.
I have a smashing new cover for A BRIDGE TO LOVE, so I’m celebrating with a 99-cent sale on Kindle and Nook!
Click to buy on: Kindle or Nook.
Kate Chilton, recently widowed, struggles to raise two young sons alone, drawing on memories of her happy marriage to help her through the toughest times. When she discovers that her marriage was not what it seemed, the foundation of her world is shattered. Angry and betrayed, she turns to a man whom she knows she can walk away from.
Randall Johnson has clawed his way up the ladder of success from a dirt-poor childhood in rural Texas. He has no time for love and prefers women who understand his rules. Kate Chilton is definitely not his type, no matter how the electricity crackles between them. However, when she kisses him, his self-control goes up in flames. And when she tells him he’s just a one-night stand, he refuses to take “no” for an answer.
Kate must build a bridge from her shattered past into her future.
Randall must bridge the gulf of distrust between himself and the woman who has reached his heart.